STEM TEACHER ACADEMY
The STEM Teacher Academy focuses on integrating STEM education content with business-industry best practices to provide teachers real-world experiences that can be utilized in the classroom. The STEM Teacher Academy is open to 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade mathematics and science teachers. It is filled with professional learning workshops, teacher-modeling, instructional support, field trips to observe real-world applications of STEM subject matter and opportunities for networking with teachers from across the state.
The STEM Academy is an engaging experience for school districts interested in creating a STEM culture within their districts. We cultivate STEM change agents through five interactive sessions that includes hands-on activities as well as a culminating project. Not only do we challenge teachers to think “outside” the box but we take them “outside” of the classrooms to experience STEM in real-world settings.
It is mandatory that the participating teacher attends all meetings in order to be recognized at the end of the Academy. Please be sure that you are fully committed to complete the Academy.
Please complete the registration form below. Registration deadline is August 6, 2021 with the academy running from August-May. For additional details, you may contact our office at (470) 578-7592.
(NOTE: We are no longer accepting cash for program registrations. You can either pay online or in person with a check. No refunds will be given to cancellations 7 days prior to the start of your scheduled event. Failure to attend your scheduled event will also result in loss of payment.)
STEM Teacher Academy 2021-2022 Schedule:
- Orientation and Observation of STEM real-world applications
- Monday, August 16, 2021 – Location TBA
- Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom- Part 1
- Monday, September 13, 2021 – Location TBA
- Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom- Part 2
- Monday, October 4, 2021 – Location TBA
- Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom- Part 3
- Monday, November 1, 2021 – Location TBA
- Using STEM Concepts in the Classroom
- November 15, 2021 – February 28, 2022 (one-on-one in-classroom coaching)
- Teacher Recognition and Observation of STEM real-world applications
- Monday, May 9, 2022 - Location TBA