STEM TEACHER ACADEMY
The STEM Teacher Academy is an engaging experience for school districts interested in creating a STEM culture within their districts. We cultivate STEM change agents through interactive sessions that includes hands-on activities as well as a culminating project. Not only do we challenge teachers to think “outside” the box, but we take them “outside” of the classrooms to experience STEM in real-world settings. The STEM Teacher Academy is open to 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade mathematics and science teachers. It is filled with professional learning workshops, teacher-modeling, instructional support, field trips to observe real-world applications of STEM subject matter and opportunities for networking with teachers from across the state. Lets us know if you are interested in getting more information and attending.
It is mandatory that the participating teacher attends all meetings in order to be recognized at the end of the Academy. Please be sure that you are fully committed to complete the Academy.
Please complete the registration below. Registration deadline is August 13, 2021 with the academy running from September-December. The cost per teacher is $695. For additional details, you may contact our office at (470) 578-7592.
(NOTE: We are no longer accepting cash for program registrations. You can either pay online or in person with a check. No refunds will be given to cancellations 7 days prior to the start of your scheduled event. Failure to attend your scheduled event will also result in loss of payment.)
The 2021-2022 STEM Teacher Academy Schedule:
- Monday, September 13, 2021 – Orientation and Observation of STEM Real-World Applications – Location TBA
- Monday, October 4, 2021 – Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom: Part 1 – Location TBA
- Monday, October 18, 2021 – Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom: Part 2 – Virtual
- Monday, November 1, 2021 – Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom: Part 3 – Location TBA
- Monday, November 15, 2021 – Integrating STEM Concepts and Practices in the Classroom: Part 4 – Virtual
- November 1, 2021 – December 1, 2021 (one-on-one virtual in-classroom coaching)
- Monday, December 6, 2021 – Teacher Recognition and Observation of STEM Real-World Applications – Location TBA