2021 Georgia STEM Scholar Award
The Georgia STEM Scholar Award recognizes certified K-8 teachers who are working hard to integrate effective STEM education in their classrooms during these challenging times. The Georgia STEM Scholar Award recognizes teachers who demonstrate a passion and determination to provide students with innovative and challenging STEM experiences. STEM Scholars are those who create an atmosphere of exploration that excites, energizes, and equips their students to pursue educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math related careers.
We encourage you to apply or nominate a colleague who you think is deserving of this award. Winners will be recognized for this achievement. Teachers chosen for this distinguished honor will receive a $500 award to outfit his/her STEM classroom and free admission to a two-day GYSTC Summer STEM Institute. A detailed summary report of project spending is required for this award.
A STEM Scholar should be:
- A teacher who demonstrates a passion and determination to provide students with innovative and challenging STEM experiences.
- A certified classroom teacher in Kindergarten through grade 8.
- A dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled teacher who is planning to continue in active teaching status.
- A teacher who inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- A teacher who has the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues.
The application for this award is below and is due November 13, 2020.
2021 STEM Scholar Award Recipients will be announced on November 30, 2020